Cape Blanco is the most southern of Oregon’s lighthouses, and is the westernmost point in Oregon. Proposed in 1864, it was the first lighthouse in the state outfitted with a first-order Fresnel lens in 1870. The first-order lens was replaced with a second-order lens in 1936. — Source: Oregon State Parks.
This isolated lighthouse holds at least four Oregon records: it is the oldest continually operating light, the most westerly, it has the highest focal plane above the sea, (256 feet), and Oregon’s first woman keeper, Mabel E. Bretherton signed on in March 1903. — Source: City of Port Orford.
The Cape Blanco Heritage Society’s page on The Cape Blanco Light Station includes more information as well as several videos that were photographed by local photographer Kenneth Gibson. See also: An excellent photo essay of the Cape Blanco Lighthouse and an equally excellent historical overview: Cape Blanco Lighthouse Circa: 1870.