The Charles Long House Built by P.J. Lindberg in 1891 for Charles’ mother Mary Alice Nielsen. Mary had previously been married to Christopher Long. The Long family came to Curry county in 1854, settling in Langlois. Mary left Christopher and married Nels Nielsen in the late 1880’s. Christopher owned block 67 in Port Orford. He sold Mary the lot for $1.00 in 1889. In 1891, Mary Nielsen contracted P. J. Lindberg to build her a new home overlooking Port Orford and the Pacific Ocean. Charles Long inherited the house when Mary died in 1939.